Your back yard is a place, which can give you a tranquil escape and getaway that is the envy of all your neighbors. A little creativity will enhance to look and feel of your back yard so that it stands out from all the rest in the neighborhood. Here is a list of landscaping projects that you can add to your back yard so that we do all the work and you get the credit.
1) Use a fountain, pond or water feature with led mood lighting. This adds a great amount of visual appeal during the evening.
2) Use Japanese stone lanterns instead of the normal ones. This is because stone has its own rough texture as against the smooth and fresh look and feel of the plants in a garden. This creates “hot-spots” in the garden if you plan to use light bulbs inside the stone lanterns. These stone lanterns can also be used along a pathway to define the direction of movement.
3) When building a pond, make sure you create an entire ecosystem of plants, fish, and snails, along with a fountain to help aerate the water and keep your pond healthy. Adding a bench allows you to sit, relax and meditate to the sound of your pond. If it is big enough a footbridge adjoining the walking path on either side of your pond creates a stunning visual.
4) Create private semi-open patios in your garden. You can do this by having wooden planters on each corner with benches on three sides. This is a great place to shang outit around and chat with your friends and family and also can be used as a small deck during a small party.
5) If you love pets, then try rabbits, ducks along with a small pond with some koi, in the backyard. These pets have very fresh colors and add great amount of liveliness in the garden.
6) If possible plants flowerings trees such as lilacs, apples, chokecherries and saskatoons. The fragrance they give off every Spring is absolutely amazing. As an added benefit you get to harvest the fruits in the Fall
7) Create multiple tiers or levels in your backyard to distinguish various areas as per the function of the yard. A leveled garden always creates interest and curiosity. You can do this by have a raised area around the house. Raised flower beds along the perimeter, A patio a the center point. Be creative and have fun with this and make your backyard a showcase.
If you have read this article completely you can see I have hardly talked about plants in your back yard. Landscaping design is more about creativity with the materials at hand and their finishes. If you need help with any of these 7 ideas, call Vandal’s Landscaping at (204) 299-8887 or visit our website at https://vandalslandscaping.com.
*Vandal’s Landscaping is a family business owned and operated by Todd Vandal and his wife Brooke Vandal, providing amazing landscapes and property maintenance in Winnipeg and surrounding areas since 1999.